A new feature to Google Classroom is having a calendar integrated with each class. Every time you create a class, (and even for existing classes), a calendar will be created. The calendar will be available in the Google Classroom environment and in the Google Calendar app.
As of right now, the calendar will add any assignments and announcements with due dates only. However, you can manually add information to the calendar too.
To access the calendar, login to Google Classroom and click on the About tab in your classroom. You will be prompted to view the calendar in Classroom or open it up on Google Calendar app.
The calendar can be viewed in two different ways as shown below:
- go into the Google Calendar using the Calendar app
- click on the down arrow for the old calendar under 'My Calendars', select 'Calendar Settings'
- click on 'Export this calendar'
- a zip file will be downloaded to your computer, unzip the file by double clicking on it, and an ics file will be available
- click on the 'Gear' button at the top right side, then 'Settings'
- click on the 'Calendar' tab
- click on 'Import Calendar'
- click on the ics file, then click on the appropriate Classroom calendar
- click on 'Import'
- click on 'Close' and go back to calendar
- You are done! Your events should be added to the Google Classroom calendar