Did you know you can research directly in your Google Doc?
First you must login to your Google account and create a Google document. Next, on the tool bar, select 'Tools', then 'Research' , the Research window will appear on the right side. Type the topic in the search bar, then you will get a drop down list on what to search for, as shown below.
Here are some examples of the types of search results given by each option.
- Everything - will perform a general search on the topic
- Images -will perform an image search on the topic
- Scholar - will perform a scholarly search on the topic
- Quotes - will perform a quote search on the topic
- Dictionary - will look up the term
- Table - will perform a search on the topic and display it in a table format
- Preview mode: will open a small window of the website in your document.
- Insert Link: will insert the link of the website into your document
- Cite: will insert the citation for the website you at the bottom of the Google document, similar to a footnote