In my recent episode of The Suite Talk, I wanted to focus on Google Classroom and provide you with some tips, and other information about it.
You can watch me on The Suite Talk, episode #26, All About Google Classroom EOY Tips and Jamboard Integration. If you don't want to watch it, my agenda and show notes are listed below.
Here is what I mentioned in my episode:
Google Classroom - End of the Year Tips:
- Return and grade all work to the students
- Export grades if necessary
- Hide the classroom calendar in Google Calendar
- Archive your classes
- Create an ‘Archive’ folder in Drive and move the class folder in there
- Download the PDF Mergy app from the Chrome webstore
- This app will allow you to select and add multiple files to merge into one PDF file.
- At this point, the PDF file can be printed out
- Customize your email notifications from the main menu
- This will affect all of your classes
- It is an android app, and works best from a device that supports the Google Play store. I am using a Pixelbook Chromebook which supports the android store.
- You can still upload Jams for students to view via the web. The web version is very limited and will allow students to just view the Jam.
- Jams are stored in Drive and can be uploaded as assignments in Google Classroom
- Create jams and make a copy for students, or have students edit, and view them.
- Download the Jamboard app from the Google Play store
- Click on the question mark at the bottom of the screen and leave the team your feedback or suggestion. You can even include a screenshot!
You can subscribe to my channel, The Suite Talk YouTube Channel, to stay up to date on my episodes.