Sunday, August 23, 2020

Remote, Refresh, and Reboot for the 2020-2021 School Year

 

As I start another school year, this one will be like no other start. I am fortunate because I consider myself tech savvy and a tech expert, and I feel comfortable using technology in the classroom. For example, many of us created Bitmoji classrooms for students so that they can have a sense of  routine and "normalcy" of the classroom setting. 

With that being said, many teachers do not feel the same way and have much anxiety over it.  Whether you are teaching all remote or hybrid, having a different mindset and method teaching this year will be challenging.  But we have to remember to keep things simple and to take one day at a time. 

This summer, I attended a lot of professional development and I really tried to by proactive and equip myself with the tools I need to teach and to help others in my school too.  Everything I created was with the intentions of my school in mind. As I always do, I share my resources with my PLN and with The Suite Talk community.  

Since we will be teaching in some type of remote setting, I felt it was important to refresh my mindset and really think about lesson design, classroom management, and virtual expectations during remote teaching.  Here is what I came up with.  I hope you find them helpful.  

If you have any suggestions to add, please let me know.  It is important that we support each other and #PayitForward.  As that is my mission and motto for The Suite Talk

Here is the link to the presentation that has access to the templates, etc.

Lesson Design - Keep it Simple 

Teacher Guidelines and Tips 

























Classroom Management during virtual learning