Alice Keeler recently wrote a blog post on 6 important updates for Google Classroom that will take effect during the next few weeks and should be implemented in the Fall of 2015. Remember, it has only been a year since Google Classroom has been release and the team is constantly making changes. They are listening to our feedback!
Here are a few updates that will be implemented over the next few weeks:
- Move a Post: Use the menu, (the three dots), on the announcement and assignment to move the post to the top of the stream.
- Reuse a Post: This update has been announced at ISTE, but soon you will have the option to reuse a post from a previous announcement or assignment. You can reuse a post from current classes, other classes, or archived classes.
- Post a Question: You will have the option to post a question to the stream, see the responses of the students, and assign points to their responses.
- Calendar Integration: This is HUGE!!! Now a calendar will be created when you create a class. In addition, when you post announcements/assignments with due dates, they will be added to the calendar.
- Optional Due Dates: You can toggle the due date on/off so that an assignment does not have a due date.
- Attach a Google Form: Not available yet, but this will definitely be helpful. An easier way to attach a Google form to assignments and a link will be available for the teacher to find the responses.
When you log into Classroom, you may be prompted with a few new messages, as shown below: