Friday, June 13, 2014

Information about Google Classroom



Google Classroom seems to be a promising application that may be available in September 2014.  Although gClassFolders, creates classroom shared folders, and Doctopus allows you to manage assignments and feedback, this workflow could be challenging and difficult for some teachers who are not comfortable with scripts.

Google Classroom seems to replace that workflow.  It seems to mange students and assignments similar to Edmodo.  This application can be a great tool for school districts who are currently using gClassFolders and other scripts to help manage assignments.  It has the capability to replace the entire gClassFolder and Doctopus workflow in a user friendly interface.  

See for yourself!


6 comments:

  1. It looks interesting, but I would have to wait until second semester to even think about starting it. My students start classes in August, and I would need time to explore and test it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response. I agree you definitely need time to learn the application prior to the school year. I am hoping it will be available prior to September so that I can experiment with it too before the school year.

      Delete
  2. I wonder when they will come up with a plan for electronic grading where assignment grades can be inserted to a spreadsheet with formulas for up-to-date averaging,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I signed up, but waiting to hear back from them. Is there a waiting list? I am teaching a blended learning summer school program for 6th/7th grade and want to try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, thank you for your response. I am still waiting too. I really don't know their method on giving people access. I just hope I can get my access sooner than later.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I'm teaching a blended learning summer school program and want to try this out! I signed up and am waiting to hear back from google. Was there a long wait time?

    ReplyDelete