Did you know you can flip your classroom using YouTube and your Google account? These procedures will describe how to flip your classroom and a few features of YouTube.
Flip your Classroom:
- First, video your tutorial or lesson. You can use any device that has a webcam or a camera.
- Next, sign into your Google account and go to the YouTube app.
- Then, upload the video to your Google account.
- Important, be sure you make your video public.
- Finally, share the link on your webpage, Edmodo, or Google Classroom.
- The video is accessible to all your students!
Upload the Video:
- click on the ‘Upload’ button.
- select the videos you want to upload from your device to your Google account.
- click on ‘Open’
- The video is being uploaded and processed to your Google account.
- Once completed, click on ‘Published’
Video Settings: Includes information about the video
- Be sure you provide a title, description, tags and a thumbnail for the video
- Make sure it is public
- Share it on social media
- In the advanced settings, verify the following: to allow comments, users can rate the video, license and rights ownership, caption certification, distribution options, age restrictions, category, video location, language, recording date, 3D video and video statistics.
Video Manager: allows you to manipulate the video settings, include enhancements, audio options, annotations, and subtitles/cc.
- Enhancements: save as new video, quick fixes, stabilize, filters, special effects, slow motion, trim
- Audio: include an audio track to your video, mute and volume options
- Annotations: include text on your video
- subtitles and CC
YouTube is a Video Editor:
- combine multiple clips and audio to create a new video
Subscribe to a Channel:
- Allows you to get updates from your favorite people when a new video is posted
- Search the person and simply click ‘subscribe’