In many classrooms, students are using their own devices. An instructor can utilize this technology by using a few web tools or apps that are interactive with the students.
Here are a few:
Gathering information from students:
- Kahoot allows you to deliver quizzes and surveys to your students and the teacher controls the pace of the quiz.
- Poll Everywhere is an application that allows you to collect responses via text messaging. One way to display feedback is in word clouds such as Wordle and Tagxedo.
- Google Forms will allow you to deliver quizzes and surveys to your students.
- Google Classroom and Edmodo are available for iOS and Android markets. They both are virtual classroom environments that will allow your students to respond to quizzes, surveys, and polls.
- Audioboom is available for iOS and Android and will allow you to create simple audio recordings.
- Animoto and Magisto is available for iOS and Android and will allow students to create an online presentation or movie.
- ThingLink is available for iOS and web browser will allow students to create interactive images.
- PicCollage is available for iOS and Android will allow students to create a collage of their pictures.
- QR Codes many websites offer qr code generators such as Kaywa, QR Code Generator, QR Stuff, and QR Voice. Students need to have a QR Code reader installed on their device such as QR Reader, available for iOS and Android. QR Code Treasure Hunt
- TagMyDoc will allow you to upload documents and pdf files to the website and assign a qr code to it.