Sunday, January 20, 2019

Create your own Tour using Tour Creator





Recently, I had the honor on being on the Google Teacher Tribe podcast with Kasey Bell from Shake Up Learning and Matt Miller from Ditch that Textbook.  I had so much fun, not to mention Kasey and Matt are very friendly and easy to talk to.  Thank you for having me on. :)

On #GTTribe, I spoke about Google Tour Creator. This tool can be accessed from any web browser, and allows you to create your own customized virtual reality tours using 360 deg images or 180 deg images.  You can capture your own 360 deg images by using a 360 deg camera, the Google Street View app, or the Cardboard Camera  app.  Both of these apps are available on Google Play and the Apple Store.  

Another great feature about Tour Creator is that you can upload and publish your tours on Poly.  Teachers can add their tours into Google Expeditions to view and guide their students.   You can read more about that update from the Expeditions Help Forum.  

Classroom ideas:  I am using Tour Creator to present the science backyard at my school.  It will display how the ecosystem changes throughout the seasons and how species adapt to the environment.

Another idea is allowing students to illustrate landmarks from their novels or from their history class.  You can also create a tour of your school campus, or district.

Finally, I submitted my Introduction to Google Expeditions lesson into the #GTTribe which also includes a Quick Guide to Getting Started for Teachers.

Click here to listen to Episode 70 Create your own Tour on the Google Teacher Tribe podcast.

I hope you find it helpful!



Subscribe to The Suite Talk YouTube channel, Newsletter, and Podcast on Podbean and Google Play Music, and stay up to date on the latest episodes.