Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Grow Your Business with Social Media and Brand it!





In addition to my full time job as a Technology Integration Coach at the William Davies Middle School, I am a Technology Consultant for myself at The Tech Lady.  I provide computer repair services, new installations of hardware and software applications, configurations and repairs, PC tune-ups and tutoring for any age.

Many of my clients come to me for assistance with tutoring, especially on social media, and inquire about promoting their business on Facebook. Currently, The Tech Lady is on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.   However, I promote my business mainly using Facebook.  My Twitter and Google Plus accounts are professional accounts too, but I mainly use them to connect with my PLN for school related issues.

Every time I complete a tech job, I post to The Tech Lady Facebook page, "another satisfied customer", then I post a brief description of the type of job I completed.  These simple posts help promote my brand and my business.  I use this as an example for my clients so they can market their business as well.  You are "bragging" about your services and advertising at the same time.

A few companies I helped start promote their small business on Facebook is Mattina Sheetmetal, Save The Day Products, Pinelands Wildcat Wrestling, and most recently, Jim Nuti of Graphic Alley Advertising, Tell Your Business.  These businessese inquired my services to help promote their brand on social media.  In addition, I am the social media adviser for the William Davies Middle School and the Pinelands Wildcat Wrestling platforms, so I have a lot of experience with branding.

If you want to brand your business, you can include the same hashtag on every post.  However, I recommend that you check the hashtag first before using it.  That way it gives your audience a channel to voice their comments and opinions.

If you are interested and want to promote your business on social media, I would recommend the following:

  • Think of a "catchy" phrase so people will remember your brand
  • Post often
  • Reply back to any comments
  • "Like" other businesses that are similar to yours in your area
  • When posting, remember to include an image or a link
  • Be sure your business profile page information is accurate and updated, especially the contact information
  • If you have a website for your business, include it on your posts and in your profile as well
Remember, not all social media platforms are suitable for your business.  For example, just because Twitter exists, does not mean it may be beneficial to promote your business using it.  If you are unsure, always ask for assistance or you can just email me!  Visit my website Computer Repair Services by The Tech Lady for more information.  Thanks!