Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tech Tip Tuesday - 1/28/2014



Once a week, mainly on Tuesdays, I will be posting a quick Tech Tip.  This will be called Tech Tip Tuesdays.  As a Technology Integration Coach, it is my responsibility to help train teachers and staff on technology.  Every week, I started to provide a professional development session to staff on quick and easy tech tips. This week, the Tech Tip Tuesday session was Capture It! Screen Capture Tools.  Here is a copy of what I presented.


Capture it! Screen Shot Tools

  1. Snipping Tool:
  • This application is installed in Windows and is usually located in the accessories folder.
  • If you cannot locate it, just perform a search for it by clicking the ‘Start’ button, and type ‘Snipping Tool’  in the search bar.  It will be displayed in the list.
  • At times, I will use this application to capture an image on my computer screen.





   2.  Jing:
  • This application must be downloaded and installed on your computer.
  • You can capture an image or create a short video and the icon is displayed as the sun at the top of the screen.
  • I use this application to capture an image on my computer screen.




  • This application must be downloaded and installed on your computer.
  • I recommend you create a script on what you want to say first, then start recording your video
  • I use this application to create short videos or tutorials. Here is an example