Turn Your Blog Into a Book
Did you ever want to turn your blog into a book? Well, BlogBooker is a free tool that will allow you to perform this task. BlogBooker will work with WordPress, Blogger and LiveJournal and will allow you to convert your blog into a book or a PDF file.
First, you must export your blog as an XML file. In my example, I will be referring to directions for Blogger.
- First, go to the "settings" menu of your Blogger blog.
- Next, select "other"
- Then select "export blog"
- Finally, select "Download Blog"
Your blog will be stored as a Blogger export file (.xml) file which can be kept as a backup on your hard drive or imported into another blog. Exported blogs are not deleted from your dashboard or from Blogger.com.
After you've completed the export process, go to BlogBooker and follow these steps to create a book or a PDF file of your blog.
- click on the 'PDF' icon at the top of the screen
- select your blog system
- choose your exported XML file
- You can specify a date range, paper size, font and other features, as shown below.
- click 'Create your BlogBook' when done
The process may take a few minutes, so be patient.
Students can turn their blog into a book or a PDF file to publish their work in their digital portfolios or to post on a website.