I participated in a Mystery Skype connection and did not want to use my traditional laptop. I have an external Logitech webcam that is great, but I wanted to use my Chromebook for the Mystery Skype connection. My problem was, the Chromebook does not have a rear facing camera. So, +Joe Knopp found a way to make it work!
In order to use an external webcam on your Chromebook, you must perform the following:
- plug in your webcam into the Chromebook
- open up your browser, Google Chrome
- go to the Menu at the top right corner
- select 'Settings'
- select 'Show advanced settings'
- in the Privacy section, click on 'Content settings'
- scroll down to the Media section, and select the webcam in the Camera drop down list box
Now your external webcam will work on your device.