Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teacher 2 Teacher Grant



I am so thankful to receive a $200.00 grant from Delta Kappa Gamma XI Chapter this month. I will be using the money to support Computer Science Education for STEM students at the +William Davies Middle School by having them code using their own devices.  

I am going to purchase two Ollie's which will allow students to interact with the robot using their own devices. They will download the appropriate apps that will program Ollie to perform various commands.  This will support and reinforce the use of Sphero that I recently introduced to the students.  

My co-worker, Sheila Fleischer, an 8th grade science teacher, will use the money to help raise and save the terrapins.  She received 7 terrapins and her and another science teacher, Debbie Conrad, will care for them until June.  In June, they will be released back into the wetlands in Cape May Courthouse, New Jersey.  Here are a few pictures I took of them.




I would like to thank Janel Schafer, Delta Kappa Gamma President, and all of the women in the organization for voting for me and granting the me the funds to support Computer Science Education. I am truly thankful for being able to have a career that I love!