Saturday, May 9, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week and the Bammy Awards




I am truly honored that I was nominated for a #BammyAward for School Technologist. It truly takes a "team" to be successful at your career and in life! I will never forgot how I felt reading all of the wonderful and kind comments my co-workers, friends, and family wrote about me.  The love and support was overwhelming, and for me after reading the comments, I feel I already am a winner!  I am truly thankful and I can never thank everyone enough!

There are so many dedicated, and amazing individuals nominated for a BammyAward.  However, everyone who works with children, in my opinion, are amazing and deserves a BammyAward!  We have the hardest, most challenging, most rewarding, and most important job in the world, which is to make a difference in student's lives and prepare them for the real world!

As Teacher Appreciation Week ends, think about all of the teachers who influenced you when you were younger, and how they affected you and made a difference in your life.  Reflect on the your challenges, achievements, and thank a teacher for your accomplishments!    Be sure to 'Pay it Forward' to someone else!

Please cast your vote for me for School Technologist and vote for other amazing people who are making a difference in education. Voting ends on May 15th.  The winners for each category will be revealed on June 30, 2015

Finally, please support my coworker Amy Carter who is nominated for a BammyAward in the Special Needs category.  She is a middle school special education teacher who teaches the Scholastic Read 180 program to her students.  She was recently recognized by Scholastic as a top teacher in the country for implementing the Read 180 program.  Click here to read more about Amy Carter.  

Again, thank you for your support!