Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tech Tip Tuesday - 3 Helpful Extensions, Part 4



Have you discovered extensions yet?  The purpose of an extension is that it will extend the functionality of a web page.  They are available in the Chrome web store, and most of them are FREE.  Once you install an extension, it will appear at the top right corner of the Chrome browser.  Each Tuesday, I will introduce three new extensions that I find helpful and I hope you do too.  







Auto Text Expander

This FREE extension will allow you to save commonly typed phrases into short keystrokes to save you time from typing.  I find myself using it all the time. It is easy to use.  All you have to do is type your phrase and assign it a shortcut, as shown below.  Simply add your keyboard shortcut to correspond to the phrase and click on 'Save'.





This FREE extension will allow you to take screen shots or recordings of anything that is on your screen.  It will integrate with your Google account and the screen shots or recordings will be saved in a folder on your Google Drive.






This FREE extension will block most ads that appear in your browser.  I highly recommend it!