Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Brighten up your space!





Let's face it, with remote learning, most educators are video conferencing with their peers, administrators, and with their students on a daily basis.  Many are attending meetings, teaching live, and/or providing edtech support and assistance to staff.

I found myself comparing my lighting  to others and came to the conclusion that the light I had cast shadows on my face and that I was very dark, as shown in the picture below. 



With some research and recommendation from my friend Bruce Reicher, I decided to purchase a Lume Cube light for my desk to brighten up my face while I am video conferencing. I figured with the many video conferencing sessions I am doing on a daily basis, and with live recording on my show The Suite Talk, I thought it would be worth the investment.  

Well, I was totally shocked!  I purchased the Lume Cube Air LED light for $49.95 and now I can't live without it!  This small light packs a big punch and I would highly recommend it. 

It comes with two diffusion bulbs for softer and warmer light, a lanyard to use on the go, a micro usb charging cable, and a suction cup.  It will pair with your mobile device, (bluetooth), it has four levels of brightness and a strobe light effect, it is waterproof, magnetic, rechargeable, and a tripod mount.  I absolutely love it!  Look at the picture below, I have it set on my mini tripod on the corner of my desk, set to the first level of brightness, and I am using a diffuser.



Although I am still experimenting with placement and adjustments, this light has made a big difference for  my video sessions.  I would highly recommend it.  

If you do purchase the Lume Cube, please use my referral code, and you will receive 15% discount on your purchase.  http://lumecube.refr.cc/kimmattina