Monday, March 10, 2014

From My Classroom To Yours Conference - March 2014




I am happy to have been chosen to present at the annual From My Classroom To Yours conference at the Richard Stockton College in Pomona, New Jersey on March 12, 2014.  Here are the sessions I will be presenting:




The first session that I will present is called 'Google This Google That'.  The description  is as follows: "Save a tree and use cloud based storage and applications.  Google offers many tools that will allow you to have a paperless and flipped classroom.  In this session, I will introduce some tools and scripts that will provide you with the power to go paperless!"



The next session I will be co-presenting with Mr. Steve Santilli, Lead Learner at the William Davies Middle School in Mays Landing, NJ, is called 'From Our School To Yours, The Use of Social Media: Communication vs Branding' .  This session will provide insight on how we manage our social media platforms for our staff, students, parents, community and in addition to branding our school.



My last session that I will present is called 'A Tech Tool Smack Down'. The description is as follows: "Are you confused on which tech tool to use with your students? Not sure how to implement it in your lessons? This session will present a list of commonly used tech tools and lesson ideas on implementing technology into your classroom."

I am very excited to be presenting.  This will be my first time "officially" presenting at a conference.  I co-presented with my Steve Santilli in November 2013 on Social Media, Communication vs Branding at Edcamp NJ in New Brunswick, NJ.  That conference is an "un-conference" where anyone who is attending can present on any topic they choose.  The sessions are posted during the event. It is very informal and a great conference to attend.

For the My Classroom To Yours conference, I applied to be a presenter in July 2013 and I was so excited to find out that both of my applications for my sessions were accepted. I am attaching my presentations to this blog. I hope you find them helpful.